0788 228 4252 / 2284965
Identified as “Highly rated department” under UGC CPE scheme. The Department of Chemistry envisages achieving excellence in academics and research.
Oxidation of sugar by N-halo compound in Miceller System
2014 to 2016
The study of cationic & anionic surfactants on the oxidation of some essential amino acid by N-halo compounds in acidic medium.
2012 to 2015
YES ,Total Grant: 15.76 Lakh.
Number of papers published: Dr. Y. R. Katre-10 + Prof. D.N. Sharma-09 = 
Dr. Y. R. Katre
Name of Journals
Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. VOL-33,2012, pp- 447-456
Journal of Molecular CatalysisA;Chemical (361-362) (2012) ISSN- 1381- 1169
Journal of Chilean Chemical Society 58, N (2013) ISSN-07179707- 07179324
Journal of Dispersion Science & Technology: VOL-34 DOI;10.1080/01932691.2012.743359
Indian Journal of Chemistry: VOL-52A, pp.-732-738
Shodh-prakalp (A Quarterly Research Journal) ISSN-2278-3911 VOL-LXV- No.4: Oct-Dec-2013
Tenside Surfactants Detergents March 2014, Vol. 51, No 2. Pages: 146–155, DOI : 10.3139/113.110295
Arabian Journal of Chemistry 10/2014, DOI : 10.1016/j-arabjc.2014.08.021
Chhattisgarh Vivek October December 2016 . Vol 54.Pages: 34-35
Research Link: ISSN No. 09731628, VOL-XVI(5), pp.- 42-43
International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJREAS) Vol-6, Issue-7, pp.79-85
No. of Students Selected
State P.S.C. & Govt. Exams
01 (Usha Patel)
Research scholars (Doctoral)
From the host institute/university
From the other institute/university
Smt. Radhika Sharma
Dr. Y.R. Katre
Smt. Namita Goyal
Smt. Rajni Mudaliyar
Year- (2010-2013) Research Scholar:- Smt. Namita Goyal (Major Project) Topic-” The study of cationic & anionic surfactants on the oxidation of some essential amino acid by N-halo compounds in acidic medium.” Under the Supervision of Dr. Y.R. Katre (H.O.D. Department of Chemistry). Funding Agency:- DST ( Sanctioned Amount- 12,96,000/-) (Amount Received- 12,96,000/-) Amount (Year wise):- 1st year- 5,32,000/- 2nd year- 3,82,000/- 3rd year- 3,82,000/- Total- 12,96,000/- [Twelve lakh ninety thousand only]
Name of the students
Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC Students
B.Sc.III Plain Bio
(1) LIST OF RESEARCH PAPER (EACH MEMBER)
NAME OF FACULTY
Dr. Y.R. KATRE
Dr. D.N. SHARMA
Smt. LATA JAI
Smt. RANU GOSWAMI
PRAVIN CHANDRA SAHU
(1) LIST OF RESEARCH PAPERS
Dr. Y.R. KATRE – 12 Research Papers
(01) Dr.Y.R. Katre, Kamalni Tripathi, Ajaya K. Singh ( Feb-2012) “MICELLE CATALYZED OXIDATION OF 4-METHYL-2-PENTANONE BY NBP IN THE PRESENCE OF ACETIC ACID ”. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. VOL-33, 2012, pp-447-456 .
(02) Alpa Shrivastava , Ajaya K. Singh , Neerja Sachdev ,Dilip Raj Shrivastava, Y. R. Katre, Surya P. Singh , Man Singh, J.C. Mejuto.(April-2012) “ MICELLE CATALYZED OXIDATIVE DEGRADATION OF NORFLOXIN BY CHLORAMINE-T “ . Journal of Molecular Catalysis A; Chemical (361-362) (2012) ISSN- 1381-1169
(03) Dr.Y.R. Katre , Namita Goyal, Radhika Sharma, Ajaya K. Singh (May-2012 ) “OXIDATION BEHAVIOUR OF L-THREONINE BY N-BROMOPTHALIMIDE IN MICELLAR SYSTEM OF CTAB “. Journal of Chilean Chemical Society 58, N (2013) ISSN-07179707-07179324.
(04) Dr. Y.R. Katre, S. Rajani Mudliar , Ghanat K. Joshi, Ajaya K. Singh (July-12) “CATALYTIC EFFECT OF CETYLTRIMETHYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE ON THE OXIDATION OF OXALIC ACID BY N- BROMOPTHALIMIDE IN ACIDIC MEDIUM” Journal of Dispersion Science & Technology
(05) Alpa Shrivastava , Ajaya K. Singh , Neerja Sachdev , Dilip Raj Shrivastava, Dr.Y. R. Katre, (2012) “MICELLAR EFFECT ON KINETIC ASSESSMENT OF THE OXIDATIVE DEGRADATION OF NORFLOXACIN BY CHLORAMINE-T”; Journal of Dispersion Science & Technology. 33: 1752-1761, ISSN: 0193- 2691.
(06) Dr.Y.R. Katre, Namita Goyal, Ajaya K. Singh (Nov-2012) “IMPACT OF MICELLE MEDIA ON THE KINETICS OF OXIDATION OF L-LYSINE (AN ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID) BY N- BROMOPTHALIMIDE”. Journal of Dispersion Science & Technology: VOL-34 DOI;10.1080/01932691.2012.743359 .
(07) Dr.Y.R. Katre , Namita Goyal, Radhika Sharma, Ajaya K. Singh (May-2013) “INFLUENCE OF CETYLTRIMETHYL AMMONIUM BROMIDE/SODIUM DODECYL SULFATE MICELLES ON THE OXIDATION OF L-ARGININE BY N-BROMOPTHALIMIDE IN PRESENCE OF HClO4 “. Indian Journal of Chemistry: VOL-52A, pp.-732-738 .
(08) Dr.Y.R. Katre , Mudliar S. Rajni, Ajaya K. Singh (Oct-2013) “KINETICS AND MECHANISM OF OXIDATION OF OXALIC ACID BY N-BROMOPTHALIMIDE IN PRESENCE OF SODIUM DODECYL SULPHATE”. Shodh-prakalp (A Quarterly Research Journal) ISSN-2278-3911 VOL-LXV-No.4: Oct-Dec-2013 .
(09) Dr.Y.R. Katre, Kamlni Tripathi, Ajaya K. Singh (March-2014) “KINETICS OF CETYLTRIMETHYLAMMONIUM BROMIDE CATALYSED OXIDATION OF CYCLOPENTANONE BY N- BROMOPHTHALIMIDE IN ACIDIC MEDIUM “. Tenside Surfactants Detergents March 2014, Vol. 51, No 2. Pages: 146–155, DOI : 10.3139/113.110295 .
(10) Neerja Sachdev, Ajaya K. Singh, Alpa Srivastava, Dr.Y.R. Katre, Aftab Aslam Parwaz Khan. ( Aug-2014). “ MECHANISTIC STUDY OF OXIDATION OF D-ARABINOSE BY N-BROMOPHTHALIMIDE IN PRESENCE OF MICRO-AMOUNT OF CHLORO-COMPLEX OF Ru (III) AS A HOMOGENEOUS CATALYST” Arabian Journal of Chemistry 10/2014, DOI : 10.1016/j-arabjc.2014.08.021 .
(11) Mrs. Pratibha Gumasta, Dr.Y.R. Katre, Dr. Naresh Chandra Deshmukh (2016) “POTENTIAL OF FLY ASH IN THE ACIDIC SOIL ON CHICKPEA CROPS”. Chhattisgarh Vivek October - December 2016 .Vol 54.Pages: 34-35.
(12) Mrs. Pratibha Gumasta, Dr.Y.R. Katre, Dr. Naresh Chandra (July 2017) & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; & nbsp; ( July-2017) “STUDY ON SOME PHYSIOLOGICAL PARAMETERS ON THE SOIL SAMPLE OF HANODA VILLAGE IN DURG DISTRICT (CHHATTISGARH) “. Research Link : ISSN No. 09731628, VOL-XVI(5), pp.- 42-43
Dr. D.N. Sharma – 12 Research Papers
(1) S.P. Gupta, K. Sharma, B. S. Chhabra, Dr. D.N. Sharma and G. K. Chandrol (June-2012): “DISTRIBUTION AND EFFECTS OF FUNGI ON SANDSTONE WITH REFERENCE TO BHIMKICHAK TEMPLE, MALHAR OF CHHATTISGARH”. International Journal Of Current Research. Vol. 4, Issue 06, 045- 047.
(2) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, G.K. Chandrol, Dr. D.N. Sharma (Oct-2013): “SCREENING AND INDEXING OF DOMINANCE OF FUNGAL FLORA ON SANDSTONES WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO HISTORICAL MONUMENTS”. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS). Vol-2, Issue10 pp. 99-105.
(03) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, K.S. Rana, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K.Chandrol (Dec-2013): “DIVERSITY AND INDEX OF SIMILARITY OF MICROORGANISMS ON SANDSTONE WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO HISTORICAL MONUMENTS OF CHHATTISGARH, INDIA”. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS) Vol-2 , Issue-12, pp. 51-57 .
(04) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, K.S. Rana, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol (March- 2014 ): “MYCO-ECOLOGICAL STUDY OF HISTORICAL SANDSTONE MONUMENTS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO MAMA BHANJA TEMPLE OF CHHATTISGARH. Eur. Chem. Bull. (ECB) Vol-3, Issue-2, pp.176-178.
(05) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, K.S. Rana, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol (June- 2014 ): “INDEXING OF IMPORTANCE VALUE OF MICRO FLORA ON SANDSTONE MONUMENTS AT NARAYAN TEMPLE, OF CHHATTISGARH, INDIA”. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences (IJCMAS). Vol-3, Issue-6 pp. 327- 332.
(06) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol, Rohit Misra, and Divya Kumundini Minij (Oct-2015) : “MYCO-ECOLOGICAL STUDY OF FUNGAL FLORA ON DETERIORATING SANDSTONE STRUCTURES OF HISTORICAL MONUMENT KALA DERA – I TEMPLE OF JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE (INDIA)”. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET) Vol-4, Issue-10, pp.10298- 10302.
(07) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol, Rohit Misra, and Divya Kumundini Minij (Dec-2015) : “SORENSON COEFFICIENT OF FUNGAL FLORA ON DETERIORATING SANDSTONE STRUCTURES OF HISTORICAL MONUMENT KALA DERA TEMPLES OF JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE (INDIA)”. International Journal of Advanced Research (IJAR) Vol-3, Issue-12 pp. 807- 811.
(08) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol, Rohit Misra, and Divya Kumundini Minij (June-2016) : “FUNGAL DETERIORATION OF SANDSTONE STRUCTURE AND THEIR SCIENTIFIC PRESERVATION WITH REFERENCE TO HISTORICAL MONUMENT KALA DERA – I TEMPLE OF JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE (INDIA)”. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJREAS) Vol-6, Issue- 7, (I.F. – 6.573)
(09) Sanjay Prasad Gupta, Dr. D.N. Sharma, G.K. Chandrol and Divya Kumundini Minij (July-2016) : “MICROBIAL DETERIORATION OF SANDSTONE STRUCTURE AND THEIR CHEMICAL PRESERVATION WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO OF KALA DERA – II TEMPLE AT MANWAL ( JAMMU & KASHMIR STATE, INDIA)”. International Journal of Research and Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJREAS). Vol-6, Issue-7, pp.79- 85. ISSN(O) : 2249-3905,ISSN(P) : 2349-6525 (I.F. : 6.573 )
(10) Dr. D.N. Sharma and S.K. Rajput (June-2017 ) : “SYNTHESIS OF N-SUBSTITUTED HYDROXAMIC ACIDS”. International Journal of Engineering, Sciences and Mathematics Vol-6, Issue-2, ISSN : 2320-0294 (I.F. : 6.675 )
(11) Dr. D.N. Sharma and S.K.Rajput (July-2017 ) : “A SPECTROSCOPIC STUDY OF N-p-TOLYLHYDROXAMIC ACIDS”. International Journal of Scientific Research Vol-6,Issue-6,ISSN No : 2277-8179 (I.F. : 4.176 ), (IC Value 78.46 )
(12) Dr. D.N. Sharma and S.K.Rajput (Aug -2017 ) : “A NEW SELECTIVE TEST FOR DETECTION OF MICRO-QUANTITIES OF VANADIUM IN MIXTURE OF INORGANIC COMPOUNDS”. International Journal of Engineering, and Scientific Research, Vol-5,Issue-8,ISSN : 2347-6532 (I.F. : 6.660)
Smt. S.SREE VIDYA
WORKSHOP/ CONFERENCES ATTENDED
LIST OF WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES
Name of the Bodies
Attended “17th NATIONAL CONFERENCES ON SURFACTANTS AND EMULSIONS & BIOCOLLOIDS (NATCOSEB XVII)”, Organized by School Of Studies In Chemistry, Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, C.G. from 04 - 06 November 2015.
Attended An International Conference On “ADVANCED RESEARCH APPLICATIONS IN ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY” Organised And Sponsored By Rungta College Of Engineering And Technology, Bhilai, C.G., India, On 29th & 30th June-2015, & Presented A Paper Titled “Oxidation Of Diol In Presence Of Micellar”.
Attended An “ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON STATUS OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY IN CHHATTISGARH STATE” Organized by Bhilai Instute Of Technology, Bhilai, C.G., India, On 19TH & 20TH March- 2015.
Attended National Conferences On Recent Trends In Chemical Sciences Organized By Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G.) (Jan 23-25,2014)
Participated in the International conference on recent advances in chemical science and 47th annual convention of chemists ,Hosted by School of studies in chemistry Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University Raipur, Chhattisgarh. (Young Scientist Award Papers)
Participated in the International conference on Soft systems organized by Indian Society for surface science & technology and centre for surface science department of chemistry, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, INDIA.
Presented paper in International conference of Interdisciplinary approaches in physical sciences: Growing trends and Recent Advances organized by Guru Ghasidas univ., Bilaspur, C. G., India.
Presented an oral paper in 12th Asian Chemical Congress in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
Presented an oral paper in 233rd American Chemical society National meeting and exposition Chicago.
Presented an oral paper in 8th International Symposium on Surfactants in Solution. At the University of Florida. Gansville, Fl 32611-2023 USA.
Participated & Presented on oral research paper entitled “Effect of anionic surfactant on th oxidation of DL –aspartic acid by N- bromophthalimide” in 14th National Conference on surfactants emulsions &biocolloids, Deptt. of chemistry university of Kashmir Srinagar.
Attended National workshop on Forensic approaches to the investigations of Heinous Crimes organized by Durg Police at Bhilai.
Presented an invited talk in National level technical conference in Shri Shankaracharya college of Engineering and Technology Bhilai .
Presented an invited talk on Trends of antidepressants Drugs in Science and Technology organized by All India Council for technical education (AICTE) BIT DURG.
Presented a paper in National conference on environmental challenges and the remedial Techniques org. by Deptt. Of Engineering Chemistry BIT DURG.
Organized a National Symposium on Fundamental and Analytical Aspects of Self- organising Systems .
Presented a Scientific paper in national Conference on disperse system in Assam University Silchar .
Presented a paper in 93rd Indian Science Congress, at Hydrabad in the section Chemical Sciences.
Participated & Presented a Scientific paper in Science Congress Ahmedabad.
Dr. D.N. SHARMA WORKSHOP/ SYMPOSIUM/INVITEDTALK/CONFERENCES/SEMINAR
District level Workshop
Govt. N.P.G. College of Science, Raipur
24 June 2017
Resource Person (Invited Talk)
Collection of Data, Analysis and Report Preparation
National Conference on Soil Quality& Public Health
Govt. Digvijay College, Rajnandgaon (Sponsored by UGC)
18 January 2017
Soil Pollution: Causes and Effect on Public Health
District level Workshop on Academic Quality Enhancement
Govt. Digvijay College, Rajnandgaon
13 May 2015
Quality in Higher Education and Role of IQAC
State Consultation on Climate Change: National and StatePerspective in the context of COP 21
Circuit House, Raipur ( Organised by Oxfam India and Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA)
9 September 2015
State Perspective on Climate Change
National Symposium on Chemistry- Our Life, Our Future
St. Thomas College, Bhilai
24 September 2011
Role of Bio-molecules in our Life
Regional Consultative Meeting on New Education Policy
Hotel Babylone International, Raipur (organized by Govt. of Chhattisgarh)
22 January 2016
New Education Policy: State Perspective on Higher Education
District level Workshop on Academic Audit
Govt. VYT PG College, Durg
12 February 2016
Resource Person (Invited Talk)
National Workshop on Emerging Trends of Chemicals in Human Life
Govt. Dr W W Patankar Girls PG College, Durg
6 February 2017
Role of Bio-molecules in Human Behaviour
Regional Consultation on National Curriculum Framework for Adult Education
Sri Venkateshswara Univesity, Tirupati (Organised by NLMA, MHRD, GoI)
23 June 2011
Participant as Stakeholder
Curriculum Framework for Adult Education
Orientation Programme for Translators (Chemistry)
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (Organised by National Translation Mission, MHRD, GoI in collaboration of State Hindi Granth Academy, Raipur)
24 January 2013
Translation of Finar’s Book on Organic Chemistry
National Seminar on Future Challenges for Students in Present Scenario
M. J. College, Bhiali (Sponsored by NAAC)
15 October 2011
Future Trends in Curriculum Design and Evaluation
Workshop on Capacity Building in Higher Education
Govt. V.Y.T PG College, Durg (Sponsored by RUSA)
9 May 2015
Chief Guest & Resource Person
Capacity Building in Higher Education
Sub-State level Workshop (Vidhayak Adarsh Gram Yojna)
Commissioner Office, Sarguja (Organised by Department of Panchayat & Rural Development, Govt. of CG)
4 September 2015
State Trainer of Trainers
Village Development Plan
Sub-State level Workshop under Vidhayak Adarsh Gram Yojna)
Th. Pyarelal State Institute of Rural Development, Raipur (Organised by Department of Panchayat & Rural Development, Govt. of CG)
7 September 2015
Commissioner Office, Bilaspur (Organised by Department of Panchayat & Rural Development, Govt. of CG)
10 September 2015
State Training Workshop under Pradhanmantri Adarsh Gram Yojna
Th. Pyarelal State Institute of Rural Development, Raipur (Organised by Department of Panchayat & Rural Development, Govt. of CG)
29-31 March 2016
Higher Education Leadership Academy Forum
The Gateway Hotel, Raipur (Organised by Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai)
9-10 March 2016
State Representative (Coordination)
Challenges in Higher Education in India
Invited Talk under RUSA
27 August 2015
Chemistry: Career Options
Orientation and Sensitization for Plan & Budget Workshop for College Principals and IQAC Coordinators
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
9 December 2013
Development of Perspective and Annual Plan for Higher Education Institution
District level Workshops for Colleges
BCS Govt. PG College, Dhamtari
11 July 2015
Capacity Building of Academic Administrators and other Staff
Inauguration of Science Society
Swami Shri Swaoopanand Mahavidhyalaya, Bhilai
20 August 2015
Chief Guest and Speaker
Role of Science in Development
Science Day Celebration (Sponsored by NCSTC & CGCOST)
29 February 2015
Make in India & Technology Driven Innovation
Capacity Building Programmes for Heads of DAV Institutions of Chhattisgarh
DAV Public School Campus, Bhilai
10 January 2016
Principals as Leaders, Learners and Builders
State level Stigma Workshop
Hotel Vani, Durg (Organised by The Leprosy Mission Trust, India with support of WHO)
6 September 2012
Reduction of Stigma of Leprosy in Chhattisgarh
Discussion on Quality of Higher Education Institutions under RUSA
Hotel Zone Park, Raipur (Organized by Govt. of CG, Department of Higher Education)
10 November 2016
Quality of Higher Education Institutions under RUSA
District level Workshop of College Principals and Teachers
Govt. Ghanshyam Singh Gupta PG College, Balod
Collection and Compilation of Data and Report Preparation
MP State Children Science Congress 2014 (NCSTC –DST Sponsored)
Bansal Engineering College, Mandideep, Bhopal (Organized by Science Centre )
9-11 December 2014
Various Science Activities
State Workshop for Nature Study Activities for Tribal Area School Teachers
Durg (organized by Vigyan Prasar, DST, GoI)
18-21 February 2015
Workshop on National Higher Education Framework
Govt. V.Y.T. PG College, Durg
15 December 2014
A few suggestion for Higher Education Framework
District Collectors Meeting under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna
Organised by Department of Panchayat & Rural Development, Govt. of CG)
29 November 2014
Discussion on SAGY
14-15 October 2011
Right To Education Act 2009: Challenges
National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Chemistry
Kalyan PG College, Bhailainagar (Sponsored by UGC)
18-19 November 2011
1 A new selective and sensitive test for detection of micro quantities of Vanadium in mixture of inorganic compound 2 A new method of solvent extraction and spectrophotometric determination of micro quantities of vanadium in biological `samples
International Conference on Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences & Annual Convention of Chemists
23-27 December 2010
Contributed a paper
National Seminar on Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences and Future Prospects
Govt. V.Y.T PG College, Durg (Sponsored by UGC)
11 December 2011
National Seminar on Nano-Chemistry
8-9 January 2016
Coordinator, State level Quality Assurance Cell
Govt. of Chhattisgarh, Department of Higher Education, Raipur
Order E No. 5426/3814/2013/38-2 Raipur Dated 31.10.13
Coordinator, Technical Support Group, Rashtriy Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyan, SPO, Raipur
Commissioner Higher Education, Chhattisgarh
Member, State level Guidance and Training Committee, National Service Scheme
Order E No. 867/HE/NSS/2015 Dated 26.06.2015
Member, University level Guidance and Training Committee, National Service Scheme, Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
CGSVTU/NSS/2015/137/A Bhilai Dated 21.07.2015
Member, Central Board of Studies in Chemistry, Chhattisgarh
Member, Board of Studies in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Durg University, Durg
Durg University, Durg
Member, IQAC, National Law University, Raipur
National Law University, Raipur
Notification No. 842/Acad./2017 Durg Dated 10.07.2017
ADITI BANJARE – (02 ) – CONFERENCES
Dr. D.N. SHARMA
Smt. LATA JAI
Smt. RANU GOSWAMI
PRAVIN CHANDRA SAHU
Smt. S. SREE VIDYA
NAME OF BODIES
Fellow and Life member, Indian Science Congress Association. L-5343
Fellow and Life member of Indian Society for Surface Science & Technology (ISSST). L/M-K-36
Fellow and Life member of Indian Council of Chemists (ICC).LF/1079
Fellow and Life member of Catalysis Society of India (CSI).
Fellow and life member of Indian Chemical Society, F-7174(LM).
Member of American Chemical Society, No. 2422380
Affiliate member of International Union of Pure & Applied Chemistry,
Journal of Physical organic Chemistry, Wiley.
International Journal of Chemical Kinetics.
Journal of Colloids and surfaces: A Physicochemical & Engineering Aspects.
Journal of Colloid and Interface Science
Indian Association of Nuclear Chemists and Allied Scientists, BARC, Mumbai
Life Member (LM-328)
Hindi Vigyan Sahitya Parishad, BARC, Mumbai
Life Member (LMO-181)
Indian Adult Education Association, New Delhi
The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH), New Delhi
All India Association for Women Literacy, Mumbai
&nbs p; 7
Smt. S. SREE VIDYA
GUEST LECTURE AS A RESOURCE PERSON
Dr. Y.R. KATRE Resource person / Chairperson / Organizer
*Session Chair in 12th Asian Chemical Congress in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia 23-25 August 2007. *Organising secretary of National Symposium on Fundamental & Analytical aspects of Self Organising Systems in parent institution in March 8-10, 2007. *Session Chair in National conference on environmental challenges and the remedial techniques organized by Deptt. of engg. Chemistry & centre for environmental science & engineering, Bhilai institute of technology 16-17 March 2007 *Session Chair in National level technical conference in Shri Shankaracharya College of engineering and technology Bhilai.26-27 Oct. 2007 *Resource person in staff Development programme 2007 in the trends of antidepressants Drugs in Science & Technology organized by All India Council for Technical education (AICTE).5-18 July 2007
Prof. Dr. D.N. SHARMA – ( 07 ) GUEST LECTURE AS A RESOURCE PERSON
NAME OF EVENT
National Level Workshop “Nano-chemistry” Sponsored By UGC – New Delhi
08th & 09th Jan - 2016
Guest Lecture on “An Introduction to some Aspects of Supramolecular Chemistry”
08th & 09th Mar - 2016
Guest Lecture On “Synthesis And Application Of Nanomaterials”
TOTAL - ( 03 )
EVENTS ORGANIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY, CHEMICAL & SCIENCE SOCIETY
NEWS PAPER DETAILS
Function Of Chemical Society
Inauguration of Chemical Society 2012,
Dainik Bhaskar 12-09-2012
University Convocation Ceremony
Dainik Bhaskar 16-02-2015
Entrepreneurship awareness camp by CITCON
NAME OF ACTIVITY
“Project Clean - 2017”
“Blood Donation Camp”
(01)Chemical Society of Chemistry department organized A Special Programme “Project Clean - 2017” to clean the department and make a healthy environment for everyone . (02) The Students Of U.G. & P.G. Are Actively Participate In “Blood Donation Camp” Every Year Organized By The College . About 30 Girls & 50 Boys Had Volunteered For Donation Blood.
UPGRADATION OF DEPARTMENT
Teachers as well as students normally consult the e-Books and digital notes.
The department has got 2 computers & 1 laptop with internet facility.
Instrumentation room with lots of electronic & digital equipments.
LCD is used in class room teaching & seminars.
OHP is used in UG & PG classes as and when required.
Use of internet by postgraduate students.
The intercom facility is installed for quick transmission of information.
More than one types of Teaching methods used in the department
Field work Based
Reading room with a big seminar hall facility is available in the departmental library.
Departmental Library has 1788 books of different Indian and International Authors for different Branches of Chemistry .
Teachers as well as students normally consult the departmental library, e-Books and digital notes.
The department has separate well equipped laboratories for UG & PG level students.
The department has well equipped Advanced Research laboratory for Doctorate Degree achievers .
Sophisticated Instruments like FTIR spectrometer, U-V Spectrometer adds flavor to the department.
Special lectures and eminent teachings are organized under the auspices of Chemical society.
Student seminars (60 ) are organized by the Chemical society of Chemistry department every year to encourage self-learning ability amongst them.
Students are encouraged to participate in all co- curricular and curricular activities.
More than one types of Teaching methods used in the department.
The department has Book Bank for UG & PG level students.
Most of the faculty members are actively involved in various committees.
Kalyan Post Graduate College was established in the year 1963. It is managed by the Chhattisgarh Kalyan society which is a registered body. The object of starting Kalyan Post Graduate College was to cater to the need of higher education for employees of Kalyan Steel Plant, whose promotion was held up for want of degree education...