0788 228 4252 / 2284965
1. Knowledge and theory –Apply their board knowledge of science across a range of fields, with in depth knowledge in at least one area of study. While demonstrating an understanding of the local and global contexts in which science is practiced.2. Application-Apply appropriate methods of research, investigation and design.3. Proficiency in technology-Recognize the need for information employ highly developed conceptual, analytical, quantitative and technical skills and are adept with a range of technologies.4. Team work-Work effectively in groups to meet a shared goal with people whose disciplinary and cultural backgrounds differ from their own.5. Communicate-Clearly and convincingly about science and technology ideas practices.6. Professional and ethical behavior-Demonstrative personal and professional integrity by respecting diverse point of view and the intellectual contribution of others.7. Problem solving and critical thinking-Critically evaluate ideas and arguments by gathering relevant information, assessing its credibility and synthesizing evidence to formulate a position.8. Environment Sensitivity – To sensitize young ones towards environment and sustainability and significance of sustainable development.
1. Mastery of the Knowledge in their fields and the ability to apply their expertise to novel and emerging problems.2. Effective researches- Able to state a research problem, apply research methods , tools for data collection, analyze and interpret research data.3. Professional and ethical responsibilities – Expected to broaden their professional foundations through activities such as internships, fellowships, teaching and project work.4. Originality-Conduct original work in the field or complete a substantial project related to the field.
a. Demonstrate critical thinking, apply analytical models and critical, reasoning propellers to calculate evidence, select among alternatives and generate creative options.
b. Possets effective communication skills in oral & written form.Communicate their research clearly and professionally in both written and oral forms appropriate to the field through publications, conference papers, seminars etc.
c. Demonstrate teamwork and leadership skill, specifically function in a variety of work groups.
6. Proficiency in using technology- Students will be apprised of various modern technologies and its significance in the modern world. They will gain proficiency in using technology.
Ph.D Programme (Chemistry)
1.Apply theory and methodologies with in these areas to conduct independent research that addresses scientific and technological problems in broad chemical interest.
2.Become independent, motivated researchers in a specific area of study with the ability to recognize and address important scientific problems.
3.Make original contribution to scientific advancements.
4.Present an original proposal summarizing the existing literature in their area of study, posing a question or hypothesis, investigating and advancing the state of knowledge in this area.
5.Effectively communicate the results of their research in peer received journals articles and in oral presentations to chemistry faculty and students. At the local, regional & national conferences.
Ph.D in Education program
1.Advanced knowledge -Master and synthesize the fundamental methods, underlying theories, critical analysis and empirical research in education.
2.Methods-Apply educational research methodologies to current educational questions, issues and problems.
3.Research –Conduct independent and original research in education, manage a research study or project.
4.Pedagogy –Show competence in teaching at the University level.
5.Communication –Communicate educational research to both educational researchers and practitioners through writing and / or presentations.
6.Professionalism –Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of ethical standards in executing educational research.
Ph.D in Mathematics
1.Mastery of fundamental knowledge in mathematics.
2.Ability to solve problems and communicate solutions in rigorous mathematical language.
3.Ability to communicate mathematical concepts effectively.
4.Ability to conduct independent research by synthesizing existing mathematical theory with new, original ideas.
Ph.D in Hindi (program specific outcome)
1.Gets the essential knowledge of literacy forms, movements and trends in contemporary theory and inter disciplinary extensions.
2.Carry out professional responsibilities such a in teaching profession, as editor, news anchor, reporter or become a language translator, Hindi writer etc.
3.Make original contribution to literature advancements.
Ph.d in commerce (program specific outcome)
1. Originality and self-direction in tackling and solving problems andhave developed the ability to critically evaluate current research and research techniques and methodologies.
2. Knowledge- critically apply theories ,methodologies and knowledge to address fundamental questions in their primary area of study.(Research, critical thinking ,content knowledge)
3. Communication-Demonstrate skills in oral and written communication sufficient to publish and present work in their field and to prepare grant proposals.
4. Ethics-Follow the principles of ethics in their field and in academia.
5. Professionalism-Demonstrate through service the value of their discipline to the academy and community at large.
6. Originality-have self and originality in tackling and solving problems and have solving problems and have developed the ability to critically evaluate research findings.
Ph.D. in English (Program Specific Outcome)
1. Gets the essential knowledge of literacy forms, movements and trends in contemporary theory and inter disciplinary extensions.
2. Carry out professional responsibilities such in teaching profession, as editor, news anchor, reporter or become a language translator, English writer etc.
3. Make original contribution to literature advancements.
4. Present an original proposal summarizing the existing literature in their area of study, posing a question or hypothesis, investigating and advancing the state of knowledge in this area.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME OF MSc COMPUTER SCIENCE –
PSO 1: Able to apply the knowledge gained during the course of the program from all computer science courses in particular to identify, formulate and solve real life complex problems faced in the context of cultural, societal, and environmental situations.PSO 2: Able to provide socially acceptable technical solutions to complex computer science problems with the application of modern and appropriate techniques for sustainable development relevant to professional practice.PSO 3: Able to apply the knowledge of ethical and management principles required to work in a team as well as to lead a team.PSO 4: Able to comprehend and write effective project reports in multidisciplinary environment in the context of changing technologies.
PROGRAM OUTCOME OF BCA, PGDCA, PGDIT, DCA-
(a) An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
(b) An ability to analyze a problem and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
(c) An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer based system, process, components or program to meet desired need.
(d) An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
(e) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
(f) An ability to use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.
(g) An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles and computer science theory in the modelling and design of computer based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
(h) An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software system of varying complexity.
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR BSc (CS)
CO-1: PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR BSc (IT)
CO-5:-KNOWLEDGE WORKING PRINCIPAL:-
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR BCA
CO-2:FUNDAMENTAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
CO-7:-KNOWLEDGE WORKING PRINCIPAL:-
Students gets knowledge about project .Successfully understand and analyze technical data to reach actionable conclusion, including technological solution to the business
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR MSc(CS)
CO-5:COMPUTER SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
Single-Cycle(MIPS), multi-cycle(MIPS), parallel, pipelined, superscalar and RISC/CISC architectures.
CO-7:MATHEMATICAL FOUNDATION OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
On completion of this module, students will be able to:
Develop a report that describes the model and the solving technique, analyze the results and propose recommendations in
language understandable to the decision-making processes in management engineering.
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR PGDCA
Learn skill developing subject which is useful for our career and for making our own business
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR PGDIT
CO-1: FUNDAMENTAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
CO-2: PROGRAMMING SKILL
CO-3: TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:-
CO-5: PROGRAMMING SKILL
Students gets knowledge about project .Successfully understand and analyze technical data to reach actionable conclusion ,including technological solution to the business
COURSE OUTCOMES FOR DCA
CO-1:FUNDAMENTAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
Programme Specific Outcome (Sociology)
Course Specific Outcome (Sociology)
Course Specific Outcome – MA Sociology
DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
Program Outcome/ Program Specific Outcome
Faculty of Commerce
The Bachelor of Commerce has the objective of preparing graduates who embody the Kalyan P.G college graduate attributes. It aims to provide students with the knowledge, tools of analysis and skills with which to understand and participate in the modern business and economics world, to prepare them for subsequent graduate studies and to achieve success in their professional careers.
Demonstrate knowledge of the theories, concepts and findings of the Faculty specialisationsObjectives of the Program
Faculty of Commerce
Faculty of Management
The Department of Management studies was established in the year 2009 with a clear defined approach for creating quality managers and entrepreneurs required to face the challenges of the business world. The Department offers undergraduate course Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) that are specifically designed to disseminate academic and applied knowledge in the business management.
The course designed at Kalyan P.G.College focuses both on academic subjects like statistics or Economics as well as practical business subjects like accountancy, law, management, marketing, finance etc.
The course provides a platform for experimental learning and grooms students towards industry specific curriculum with focused approach on specific areas which are crucial in the management of companies.
The entire course is outcome based and faculty are sensitive to ensure that the outcomes for each course is defined well at the beginning of the programme and shared with each student through course hand outs. This ensures expectation setting is taken care of between the learner and the teacher. Interactive lectures, pedagogy that is evolving, assignments and assessments ensure that all students achieve the specified outcomes.
Objectives of the Program
Programme Specific Outcome (Political Science)
1. Critically analyze, evaluate and compare thought of Indian and western political thinkers. Critically analyze fundamental political concepts such as equality, freedom, justice and civic obligation from a range of perspectives.
2. Understand and compare major political institutions, public policies and the relationships among them as they operate in different National and international contexts.
3. Apply social scientific and normative theories to understanding contemporary political issues and problems, with attention to alternative explanations and perspectives.
4. Understand and evaluate local politics of Chhattisgarh, its development trends, democratic decentralization in Chhattisgarh, regionalism, Naxal movements in Chhattissgarh.
5. Trained in observation skill, Hypothesis formulation, apply knowledge of tools and techniques of data collection and can perform statistical evaluation.
6. Skilled in applying different research methodologies.
Course Outcome (MA - Political Science)
10. Students can understand about international politics – cold war ,its meaning, origin and resolution, the ending of cold war and its impact.
11. Students can understand about foreign policy of world power of Britain and France after Second World War to present time.
Programme Specific Outcome B.Ed
B.Ed. – Programme outcome represents the knowledge skill and attitude the students should have at the end of a programme. After successfully completing B.Ed. and M.Ed. course students achieve following points.
1. Knowledge and Theories – Students apply their knowledge of methods, techniques, strategies principles etc during teaching in schools.
2. Proficiency in Technology – Can use various technology for effective teaching and enhancing their knowledge.
3. Team Work – Work efficiently in groups to meet a shared goad with people whose disciplinary and cultural backgrounds differ from their own.
4. Communicate Clearly and Convincingly about various facts, theories and skills and technology.
5. Professional and Ethical behavior – Demonstrate personal and professional intellectual by respecting diverse point of view and the intellectual contribution of others.
6. Teaching Skills – Able to teach their subject effectively applying various techniques and proficient in organizing suitable experience for effective learning .
7. Students can prepare and use different type of instructional material.
8. Empathy- Students are able to apply psychological principles and theories in understanding the abilities, traits and problems of students along with children with special needs.
Programme specific outcome MEd
Course Outcome- B.Ed and M.Ed.
1. Teacher students are able to understand their psychology of their students.
2. Knowledge – Students are able to apply their knowledge of psychology, philosophy. Technology, research etc. in their classroom situation.
3. Guidance and counseling – Ability to understand the organizational framework and procedures of guidance service in schools and knowledge about tools and techniques required for providing guiding and counseling service and language.
4. Proficiency in Technology application of Technology application for improving instructional practices. Development of language proficiency for expression and communication.
5. Professional Skills – required for guiding pupils, effective instructional and institutional management creating and managing simple data bases and handling of computer.
Department of Biochemistry
(Year of Establishment-2006)
Specific Programme-B. Sc. Biochemistry
Prgogramme Specific Objectives
PSO1:-Graduates have understanding of the key principles of Biochemistry, Botany/Zoology and Chemistry.
Programme Specific Outcome (Chemistry)
1. Theory and knowledge – post graduate students are able to demonstrate fluency in the concepts from the major fields of chemistry. (Organic, Inorganic, Physical and Analytical.
2. Laboratory Skills – Passed out students are able to employ critical thinking and scientific inquiry, in the performance design, documentation and interpretation of laboratory experiments.
3. Quantitative Skills – Post graduates are able to analyses and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
4. Application – They had the skills to use modern instruments for chemical analysis and separation, familiarize themselves with applications of safety and chemical hygiene, regulations and practices.
5. Students having are able to appreciate the central role of chemistry in our society and use this as a thesis for ethical behavior in issues facing chemists, including an understanding of safe handling of chemicals, environmental issues and sustainable development.
6. Communications skills - Students would be able to clearly communicate the principles, process and the results of scientific work in oral, written and electronic formats.
Course Outcome (Chemistry)
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME-COMMERCE
1. Knowledge-Students will be knowledgeable of domestic and international economic and organization environment.
2. Team work- Able to collaborate effectively with others in a professional business manner as both members and leaders of team.
3. Mathematical and statistical skills- Apply basic mathematical and statistical skills necessary for analysis of a range of problems in economics ,accounting ,marketing ,management and finance.
4. Critical and analytical skills-Students can apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification ,evaluation and resolution of complex problems.
5. Proficiency in information technology-Skilled in the use of computer system and software used in commerce and business through practical assignments exercises and demonstrations.
6. Business analysis and problem solving skills-Problem solving through application of appropriate theories ,principles and data. Able to analyse and diagnose business problems.
7. Application-Apply analytical skills, relevant theory and logical thought to decision making processes with in a business.
8. Communicate effectively in a business environment, both verbally and in writing.
9. Business skills that incorporate understanding of ethical, economies, regulatory and global perspectives.
10. Ethical responsibilities-Recognize and understand the ethical responsibilities of individuals and organizatios in society.
11. To equip the students for seeking careers in management and entrepreneurship.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME-BIOTECHNOLOGY
1. To produce responsible biotechnologists that can work with in the interdisciplinary frame work of biotechnology and related fields.
2. Developing concepts and technical skills in methods of biotechnology.
3. To empower students to think critically and solve problems in the fields of biotechnology by applying research strategies.
4. Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with appropriate audiences with regard to field of biotechnology.
COURSE OUTCOME (MATHEMATICS)
Operation Research is the subject in which we have delivered the lectures related to reducing cost and increasing the profits using different methods like transportation problems, cost minima methods etc. We develop such mathematical methods in which we try to get optimum benefits out of limited resources.
CO-2 [Operation Research]
Operation Research has been used intensively in business industry and government. Many new analytical method have evolve, such as mathematical programming, simulation, game theory, queuing theory, network analysis, decision analysis etc. they are powerful applications to practical problems with the appropriate logical structure.
General theory of relativity is a powerful mathematical tool to explore the universe. The present age advance researches regarding gravitational waves, exploration of hidden energies in the universe like dark matter, dark energies, baryonic as well as non baryonic matter, various types of heavy masses like black holes etc are explored on the basic of General theory of relativity. The basic course of relativity helps the P G students to advance towards the various Researches in the field of astro physics and astronomy.
Cosmology is a branch of science in which we study physical universe as a whole. In the basic course, the P.G. students learn the techniques of developing mathematical models of the universe which matches with the present observational evidences regarding universe which are explored by the various observatories throughout the world. NASA is one of them. Dark energy models of the universe are the talk of the present day cosmology.
MATLAB programming involves matrices that will find MATLAB to be easily programmable and very helpful for computations. Therefore, students get familiar with matrix generation and manipulation.
Many standard mathematical functions, such as sin(x), cos(x), e-+x, tan(x), ln(x), are evaluated by the functions sin, cos, tan, exp, and log respectively in MATLAB.
LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting system; it includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific text. LaTex is much more elegant. Mathematics doesnt render properly in Word. Therefore, students get benefitted by the Latex software.
With command fluency, LaTex is actually easier to use than Word, especially for things like research papers or lecture notes, where the format is consistent from page-to-page, and your main goal is to communicate. This will be helpful to students in future studies.
CO-9 Various basic concepts related to mathematics are given by teachers to manipulate problems with their parameters in mathematical languages. These studies are helpful for students to understand the existence of different mathematical theorems such as Galois theorem, Fix point theorem, and Tychonoff’s theorem etc.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (MATHEMATICS)
PSO-1 [RESONING SKILL]
U.G. and P.G level students get interacted with their subject teachers to improve their basic knowledge and to clear their doubts involve in their study. This direction of study will develop students reasoning.
PSO-2 [LABORATORY SKILL]
In mathematics department we have two computer laboratories for U.G. and P.G. students. In these systems different programming languages are considered to develop and improve programming skills in students.
PSO-3 [THEORY AND KNOWLEDG
In mathematics department we have designed syllabus for U.G. and P.G. levels similar to UGC syllabus. Considered syllabus especially for P.G. level will helpful for SET, NET, and other competitive exams.
It improves the student’s ability to develop their knowledge and increase their level of thinking, reasoning and understanding.
PSO-5 [COMMUNICATION SKILL]
In P.G. level we have conducted seminars presented by PPT, in which the students improves their confidence and buildup their self introduction for
PSO-6 [JOB ORIENTATION]
Syllabus of U.G. and P.G. levels will helpful for students to select in different jobs.
PSO-7 [ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERN]
Present days global warming is the biggest issue for our environment. Some lectures related to reduce global warming are given by the faculty in mathematical society function. Also, swacchta bharat abhiyan is organized every month in the mathematics department.
Programme Specific Outcome (History)
COURSE OUTCOME (MA HISTORY)
COURSE OUTCOME – BA HISTORY
1.Students will be able to analyze and evaluate Indian and world history (1453-1789)
2.Articulate factual and contextual knowledge of specific places and times to make careful comparisons across time, space and culture.
3.Read texts (Including entire books, routinely) and other media critically to analyze evidence, arguments and competing interpretations.
4.Students can opt for competitive examination after completing cause.
Programme Specific Outcome (MA English)
1.Reading Skill - Students will become active readers and who can articulate their own interpretations. They will develop an ability to read texts in relation to their historical and cultural context.
2. Creativity – Students come across the thoughts, philosophies of great personalities of globe and creative thought an evoked away them.
3.Writing skills and process – students will be able to write effectively for a variety of professional and social settings. They will demonstrate an ability to rise for content and edit for grammatical and stylistic clarity.
4.Knowledge – Students will gain knowledge of the major traditions of literature of English and can express their own ideas as informed opinions that are in dialogue with a larger community of interpreter.
5.Valuing literature, language and imagination – Students will appreciate the expressive use of language as a fundamentals and sustaining human activity, preparing for a life of learning as readers and writers.
6.Communication Skills – Students will be able to prepare, organize and deliver as an engaging oral presentation.
7.Research Skill – Students are introduced to philosophies social trends, scientific imagination that leads to participate in research..
8.Emphases are given to enhance letter communication skills.
Course outcome(English,UG Level)
Programme Specific Outcome (MA Economics)
1.Critical thinking skill – students are expected to be able to apply economic analysis to every day problem, to understand current events and evaluate specific policy proposals and to a specific economic or policy problem.
2.Qualitative researching skill – Students are expected to use statistical methodology, interpret statistical results and conduct appropriate statistical analysis of data.
3.Specialized knowledge and application of skills- Students are expected to apply economic theories and concepts to contemporary social issues as well as formulation and analysis of policy.
4.Environment sensitivity – Students will be able to understand the principles of sustainable development and sustainable accounting.
5.Communication skill – Students will be able to communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical form about specific issues and to formulate well organized written arguments.
Course Outcome (MA Economics)
Programme Specific Outcome (BA Economics)
हिंदी भाषा - साहित्यउद्देश्य-स्नातक एवं स्नातकोत्तर स्तर पर हिन्दी भाषा तथा साहित्य के अध्ययन - अध्यापन का निम्नलिखित उद्देश्य है- विद्यार्थियों को भारत की राष्ट्रभाषा, संपर्क भाषा तथा राजभाषा हिंदी के इतिहास, व्याकरण और प्रयोजनीयता से परिचित कराते हुए उन्हें भाषायी रूप से दक्ष तथा समर्थ बनाना। भाषा के माध्यम से विद्यार्थियों में कौशल क्षमता, व्यक्तित्व विकास, संपे्रषण - कौशल तथा आत्म-विश्वास जागृत करना। भाषा की शुध्दता तथा व्याकरण के नियमांे से परिचित कराना। हिंदी तथा मातृभाषाओं में अध्ययन की प्रवृत्ति विकसित कर राष्ट्रीय एकता, भारतीयता पर बल देना। साहित्य के शिक्षण के माध्यम से समाज, राष्ट्र, विश्व के यथार्थ से परिख्ति कराना तथा एक आदर्श समाज की स्थापना करके श्रेष्ठ व्यक्ति का निर्माण करना। सबका हित, शुचिता और सांप्रदयिक सद्भाव का निर्माण करना।पाठ्यक्रम विशेष / कार्यक्रम विशेषस्नातक आधार पाठ्यक्रम के माध्यम से हिंदी भाषा, व्याकरण रचना और प्रयोग का प्रशिक्षण देना। भारत की एकता, सांस्कृतिक एकता, धर्म - संप्रदाय, इतिहास तथा संस्कृति की जानकारी देना। वाक्य - रचना, निबंध - कौशल, संप्र्रेषण - कौशल से परिचित कराना तथा उन्हें प्रशिक्षित करना। हिंदी तथा विविध बोलियों के प्राचीन साहित्य, आधुनिक साहित्य तथा विविध विधाओं के माध्यम से आदर्श व्यक्तित्व निर्माण की स्थापना। नैतिक मूल्य, सांस्कृतिक मूल्य तथा मानवता की स्थापना के लिए साहित्य के माध्यम से शिक्षण।स्नातकोत्तर हिन्दी भाषा एवं साहित्य के उच्च अध्ययन के लिए पाठ्यक्रम। भाषा विज्ञान की अधिकतम जानकारी उपलब्ध कराना। नाटक, कहानी, उपन्यास के माध्यम से भारतीय समाज, धर्म, दर्शन, इतिहास, परंपरा का ज्ञान। छत्तीसगढ़ी भाषा एवं साहित्य समन्वयवाद के लिए अनुकूल माहौल बना। हिंदी माध्यम से शिक्षा, पत्रकारिता, मीडिया, राजभाषा, व्यवसाय प्रबंधन के क्षेत्र में रोजगार उपलब्ध कराना।प्रदेयस्नातक स्नातक स्तर के अध्ययन के पश्चात् विद्यार्थी अन्य स्नातकोत्तर पाठ्यक्रमों यथा एम.ए, बी जे, बी एड में आत्मविश्वास के साथ प्रवेश ले सकता है। भाषा ज्ञान एवं साहित्य -ज्ञान से विद्यार्थी में समाज, संस्कृति और ज्ञान-विज्ञान के क्षेत्र में समझ विकसित होती है तथा वह आत्म-विश्वास के साथ रोजगार का प्रयास करता है। स्नातक छात्र शिक्षण, पत्रकारिता, व्यापार एवं अन्य रोजगार में अपनी भाषायी प्रतिभा का उपयोग करता है।स्नातक स्नातकोत्तर हिंदी विद्यार्थी उच्च अध्ययन के लिए प्रवृत्त होता है, यथा - पी.एच.डी. एम.फिल, बी. एड आदि। भाषा में सक्षम - समर्थ होकर लेखक रचनाकार बनकर स्वतंत्र रोजगार प्राप्त कर सकता है। साहित्य की समझ विकसित होने से विद्यार्थी समाज, राजनीति और विश्व को जानने समझने में सक्षम होता है। निम्नलिखित क्षेत्रों में रोजगार प्राप्त करता है- शिक्षा, मीडिया, पत्रकारिता, लेखन इत्यादि।
OBJECTIVE: PHYSICS PROGRAMME
PHYSICS PROGRAM OUTCOME-
10. To find out the human diseases with the help of x-ray, MRI etc and also to cure them with the help of nuclear and laser technologies.
11. To explain the cooling down and heating of an object using principle of thermodynamics and also to develop & maintain different appliances.
13. To simplify or minimize the human work using the basic elements of computer.
14. To develop, maintain and configure apparatus and appliances by the study of electronic circuit and components.
15. To provide proper information about medium of communication & communication techniques and its practical use for modern society and future generation.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (B.Sc ZOOLOGY)
PSOb1:The make Graduates understand and capable to learn in the major field of classification, characteristics of Invertebrate and vertebrate animals, embryology, biochemistry, biotechnology.
PSOb2:To enhance the Knowledge in the field of modern tools and techniques and their practical use in the laboratory.
PSOb3:To develop communication skill due to continue exposure given to them, which proves a boon for their future.
PSOb4:To develop natural ability in the field of zoology, which proves beneficial in the field of research for society.
PSOb5:To develop and impart knowledge through oral and written communication power-point presentation, group discussion.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME- (B.Sc Zoology)
PSO1:Graduates are able to enhance their knowledge in the field of environment conservation, evolution and behavior of animals.
PSO2:Graduates are able to develop the Laboratory skill, which are beneficial for them even after completion of course.
PSO3:Due to various programmes conducted by the Department of Zoology, students enhance their knowledge and improve their theoretical outcome, so as to create awareness among other sections of the society also.
PSO4:Graduates develop capacity to explore themselves in the field of Zoology and related subjects like Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Life-Sciences which proves beneficial in the field.
PSO5:Graduates are able to explore and generate employment to other sections of the society.
COURSE OUTCOME (B.Sc ZOOLOGY)
CO1:Graduates become familiar with Morphology, Anatomy, Physiology of different groups of animals, Endocrinology, Immunology, Embryology.
CO2: Passed out students develop interest in the field of Taxonomy procedure and nomenclature, which is the basic requirement for classification of different animals, due to diversity among them.
CO3:Graduates develops concern regarding environment degradation and takes initiative to Protect and conserve it.
CO4: Graduates develop skill and basic knowledge in the Practical work, Histological preparation of slide, tools used in the Biology, Osteology of different groups of animals, cytological preparations, Hematological study, Ecology.
CO5: Graduates develop and Impart their knowledge in the field of Applied Zoology: Sericulture, Aquaculture, Poultry Farming, fish farming, Animal husbandry
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES- (M.Sc ZOOLOGY)
PSOb1: To make Post-Graduates Capable to understand and acquire knowledge in the major fields of Biosystematics and Biostatistics, Comparative chordate and non-chordates, Anatomy and physiology, Genetics, Evolution, Ecology, environmental biology, Animal behavior, Endocrinology, Immunology, Reproductive Biology, Fish and Fisheries.
PSOb2: To build their capabilities to understand and acquire knowledge in the major field of classification and characteristics of Invertebrate and Vertebrate animals and able to discuss the animal diversity.
PSOb3: To gain Knowledge about Reproductive and Gametic biology so that students become familiar with embryology, the development and function of gametes, embryo, placenta, amnion etc.
PSOb4: To develop the sense of understanding and to gain basic knowledge about environment conservation, environment protection and environment improvement. Also to motivate them for the welfare of human and non-human communities.
PSOb5: To enhance their knowledge in the field of Population genetics, evolution and animal behavior which will prove fruitful through small group of teachings and group discussion, how the development take place from germ cells to adult human beings and also the changes in characters from one generation to next.
PSOb6: To know about the tools and techniques used in various biological assays which help them to escalate their skills to understand its basic principle and its uses in the Biochemical, biotechnology, Microbiology, Biomedicine and in various fields.
PSOb7: To increase their knowledge in Fish and Fisheries, so that they not only gain knowledge in this field but can generate employment for others by developing their own fish farms and also in collection, transportation and marketing.
PSOb8: To develop knowledge and interest among students and to understand how animals adapt to their environment through various objectives and how the living organism can reproduce.
PSOb9: To strengthen their communicative skills and to create interest among students in the field of zoology through different methods including power point presentation, group discussions, seminars.
PSOb10: To escalate their skills for understanding and learning about some of the common species of fishes in our state, different techniques, recreation and economic uses of fishes and various fauna through project work and educational tours.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOME (M.Sc. ZOOLOGY)
PSO1: Reasoning skill – Both the graduates and Post graduates students have develop skills with regards to evolution and origin of life.
PSO2: Laboratory skill – Students develops laboratory skill in Identification of animals, Fish and Fisheries, Animal behavior, Environmental pollution which are beneficial for higher education and employment.
PSO3: Theory and knowledge – Due to various programs conducted by the department of zoology through Zoological society, seminars, conferences, and guest lecture students enhance their knowledge and improve their theoretical outcome.
PSO4:Students develops natural ability not only in the field of zoology but also related subjects of life-science, like Biotechnology, Microbiology, and Biochemistry which proves beneficial in the field of research for society.
PSO5: Communication skill – Students develops communication skill due to continue exposure given to them by the department of zoology through various projects which proves a boon for their future.
PSO6: Job orientation – Due to Specialization in Reproductive biology and Fish & Fisheries the post graduate students of zoology can generate employment to other sections of the society.
PSO7: Environmental concern – Students are encouraged for conservation of faun, protection, management and improvement of environment and utilizes it’s safely towards the environmental issues and development.
COURSE OUTCOME (M.Sc ZOOLOGY)
CO1: Post graduate students become familiar in the field of taxonomy and procedure of nomenclature, which is the basic requirement for classification of different organisms due to diversity among them.
CO2: Students develops concern regarding environment degradation and takes initiatives to protect environment, through various activities like campaigning, posters, so as to create awareness among other sections of the society also.
CO3: Post graduate students become familiar with morphology, anatomy and physiology of different class of animals.
CO4: Students at Post graduation level carry out analysis of various environmental toxicology and various toxicants in the laboratory.
CO5: Postgraduates learn and become familiar with the Identification of various fish fauna of Local and nearby areas. This not only enhances their knowledge in this field but also help them in getting employment in the related areas.
CO5: Courses offered by the post graduates helps the students to develop keen interest in the subject, which they express through impressive power point presentation, group discussion, seminars, conferences etc,
CO6: Post Graduate students have sufficient understanding in the latest and fast-growing field of population genetics, immunology, neuro-endocrinology, circadian rhythms among animals and therefore encouraged them to become skilled in this field, and laboratory work.
CO7: Post graduate students also gains an adequate knowledge about various techniques of Biological assays, like spectroscopy, Microtome, electrophoresis, spectrophotometer, ultracentrifugation, cell culture etc.
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
Kalyan Post Graduate College was established in the year 1963. It is managed by the Chhattisgarh Kalyan society which is a registered body. The object of starting Kalyan Post Graduate College was to cater to the need of higher education for employees of Kalyan Steel Plant, whose promotion was held up for want of degree education...